The technical survey file provided by the seller must inform the buyer of the characteristics of the real estate sold. This file is given to the buyer from the signing of the sales agreement, or the latest, on the deeds of the sale.
- The energy performance diagnostic (DPE) is valid 10 years. It assesses the energy consumed by the property (insulation, heating, hot water, air conditioning, etc.).
- The parasite state, valid 6 months. It informs about the presence of termites if the accommodation is located in an area at risk.
- The state of natural, mining and technological risks (chemical, industrial, seismic and flood risks…) is valid 6 months. It must be provided if the property is located in an area covered by a prevention plan for natural, mining, technological risks or in a seismic zone.
- The observation of risk of exposure to lead is given for any accommodations built before 1949. It is valid one year if lead was found otherwise its validity is unlimited.
- The asbestos status is obligatory for a real estate built before the 1st of July 1997. Its validity is unlimited.
- The survey of the interior set-up of gas and electricity. If the property is older than 15 years it must be done and is valid for 3 years.
- The state of the non-collective sanitation installation. A certificate of conformity and good functioning needs to be provided and needs to be less than 3 years old.
- The size “Loi Crrez” needs to be calculated for the sale of an apartment.
All documents will have to be given to the notary when selling your apartment or your house.